North Carolina Loft – Tiny Home
When it comes to 8′ wide cabins with lofts, this model is at the top of the list. Built to be pulled down the road with your 3/4 ton truck or van, Rich’s North Carolina Loft offers mobility and independence combined with the perfect balance between weight and length. Coming in at 232 sf and 29′ long, this tiny home has a lot of great features such as:
A loft that is accessible with stairs and includes a landing that has head room of 6′ 2″, allowing you to be in the loft zone and standing up. The stand-up loft is a popular feature and touted as an innovation that has made the loft much more user friendly. Combined with the optional easy slope stairs this loft is ideal for the primary bedroom and is accessible to dogs. There is also room in the loft for an optional built-in dresser or space for you to provide your own.
The bathroom features a full sized one piece 36″ fiberglass shower for easy cleaning and durability, standard porcelain toilet and sink with a mirrored vanity on the wall. It also has a large closet in the bathroom for hanging things, or for general storage. This bathroom is very spacious for being in a tiny home and is a feature that makes it comfortable to live in.
The kitchen arrangement is efficient, and provides good upper storage over a base cabinet that has two large drawers, combined with abundant storage below. The hall to the bathroom is wide, allowing others easy passage while one is in the kitchen. Under the stairs is a large storage area that is good for bulky items hidden neatly behind the bi-fold door.
The living space is roomy enough for furnishings of your choice and may include a wood stove, or a propane space heater mounted on the wall depending on your preference. Be sure to check out the photos for furnishing options to see how our customers have chosen to use their living space.
Built to be hooked up to your existing sewer system, with optional holding tanks available.
Exterior Height: 13’6′; Width: 8’8″; Length: 29′
Interior Width: 8′; Length: 29′
Interior Living Space: 232 sq ft
Weight: Approximately 9,800 lbs with roughly 1,000 lb. on the tongue.
- 2×4 wall construction
- R-13 wall insulation
- R-19 floor insulation
- R-21 ceiling insulation
- Laminate flooring on the main level
- Carpet in the loft
- Double pane low energy efficient windows
- Hickory cabinets
- Stairs accessing the loft
- Wood interior (wall and ceiling coverings)
- Two coats of lacquer wall and ceiling
- All wood Oregon style trim
- Laminate counter tops
- One piece 36″ fiberglass shower
- Ceiling fan in living room
- 20″ gas or electric range
- Range hood
- 9 cf 24″ wide fridge
- Cedar lap exterior siding and trim stained cedar tone
- Electric heat in bathroom
- 50 amp RV power cord with 120 amp main panel service box
- Tongue on the porch end
- Loft on living room end
- Laundry Ctr.
- Flooring: laminate (other than standard), hardwood, carpet, vinyl
- Siding: log, smart panel lap siding (painted), cedar lap (standard)
- Window panes
- 4′ cedar deck (or other deck material)
- Roofing color
- On-demand propane or electric water heater
- Air conditioning
- Propane RV forced air furnace
- Glass shower door
- Wood stove
- Propane fireplace
- Propane radiant heat (vented through the wall)
- Microwave/range hood
- Special appliances (black or stainless)
- 30 amp RV cord
- Holding tanks
- Split the black and gray water
- Custom window and door placement