Classic Double Loft – Park Model
Hands down the most popular home we build, this Park Model home has all the features needed for a second home, plus it has the curb appeal necessary to please your eye and the neighbors!. Built full-sized (less than 400 sf) this park model cabin is typically moved by a professional mover with a semi-truck.
The loft is a spacious 21′ long (240 sf) and with a ceiling height to 4’6″, making it a wonderful space for the kids, storage or even an office. It can also be used as a bedroom, and has emergency escape windows throughout. The loft is accessed with stairs that are properly sloped making it easy to climb and are of a comfortable width. Since the loft will undoubtedly be loaded with items too big to be taken up the stairs, we make the railing in the front easily removable to accommodate those larger items. Typical flooring in the loft is carpet with the option of other flooring types if you so prefer.
Downstairs, the bedroom is designed for a queen size bed fitting comfortably in the space provided, or on the optional bed storage platform that projects out the back. We offer numerous arrangements in the bedroom, so be sure to check out all the variations of this popular cabin design.
The bathroom features a full sized one piece fiberglass tub for easy cleaning and durability, a standard porcelain toilet and a sink with a large mirror on the wall. You can also see other arrangements of the bathroom when viewing the CDL variations and floor plans.
The kitchen arrangement allows for generous storage for food and dishes, plus a counter top work space that is large and expansive, and with the 9″ overhang allows the top to be used as a dining bar as well. There are variations that allow for an 18″ dishwasher and disposal if you so desire.
A properly designed park model cabin should have good balance of space when considering the bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and living room. The CDL design accomplishes that happy medium and allows for a living room that accommodates most furnishings without feeling too crowded. Be sure to check out the photos for furnishing options and to see how our customers have chosen to use their living room space.
Built to hook up to your existing septic system.
Fully wired to NEC.
Exterior Height: 15’10”; Width: 13’10”; Length: 45′ (includes 10′ porch)
Interior Width: 12’4″; Length: 32′
Interior Living Space: 396 sq ft
Loft Space: 240 sq ft
Loft Height: 4’6″
Weight: Approximately 24,000 lbs
- 2×4 wall construction 16″ oc
- R-13 wall insulation
- 2×6 floor joist 16″ oc
- R-16 floor insulation
- Factory trusses rated for your location (60 lb is standard)
- R-30 ceiling insulation
- Laminate flooring on the main level
- Carpet in the loft
- Double pane low energy efficient windows
- Hickory cabinets
- Stairs accessing the loft
- Wood interior (wall and ceiling coverings)
- Two coats of lacquer wall and ceiling
- All wood Oregon style trim
- Laminate counter tops
- One piece 60×32″ fiberglass tub/shower
- Recessed lighting
- Ceiling fan in livingroom
- 30″ gas or electric range
- Range hood
- 14.4 cf 28″ wide fridge
- Cedar lap exterior siding and trim stained cedar tone
- Electric heat
- 50 amp RV power cord with 120 amp main panel service box
- Bed projection with storage
- Laundry Ctr.
- Flooring: laminate (other than standard), hardwood, carpet, vinyl
- Siding: log, smart panel lap siding (painted), cedar lap (standard)
- Window panes
- 10′ cedar deck (or other deck material)
- Roofing color
- Tongue on the porch end
- On-demand propane or electric water heater
- Air conditioning
- Propane RV forced air furnace
- Wood stove
- Propane fireplace
- Propane radiant heat (vented through the wall)
- Patio door to the porch
- Microwave/range hood
- Special appliances (black or stainless)
- 30 amp RV cord
- Holding tanks
- Split the black and gray water
- Custom window and door placement